1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Crystal Eye Webcam not recognized

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Laughingman109, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Laughingman109

Laughingman109 Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire 7551G-7606 and recently had to replace my HDD and used one from my old HP laptop (it had the same version of Windows 7 Home 64x and I registered it with the Acer's serial). When I went to Acer's site to download the drivers I needed, the webcam software that originally came with the computer gave me an error upon the install setup saying that it couldn't recognize/find the webcam and asked me to plug it in. It's kind of perplexing since the webcam is physically built into the laptop. Is there some reason why replacing the harddrive would make the software unable to find the webcam and is there a way to fix it so I can actually reinstall it? Thanks.

Edit: The webcam does show up in the DM as "1.3mp HD Webcam" and it says that the driver is up to date and that it's functioning properly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice