1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Extensa 4420-5963 Cracked screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bbgarnett, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hello,

I have an Acer Extensa 4420-5963 anyways it just got a cracked screen and so I can't see anything on it and was wondering how I can get it to switch to an external monitor so I can use it that way. I plug it in but all I get is the Extended desktop and the main desktop is always on the laptop screen which is cracked. I have tried all the FN keys but they do nothing except FN F6 turns the laptop screen black and that's it. So how can I fix this so that the external monitor is the main/ only screen.

Thanks,

Edit: I think I have gotten it now it just took me a while by randomly clicking and trying to drag over what I couldn't see on the screen and was able to drag over the ATI Catlyst control center thing and then I was able to change it and tell it to use the external monitor only and or as a clone and not an extended desktop.

Anyways I just want to leave this open just in case. Also do you guy's have any good places that may have a good deal on a new screen since there all like 70 + bucks on eBay and that's just the screen with no ribbon cables or backlight inverter which I don't think I need since just the screen it'self is cracked but still. I also think that's quite expensive but maybe that's not and is a reasonable price.

Thanks,

2. TekTime

TekTime

I would highly recommend ebay before most other companies for screens. Reason being; you have more options and better recourse in the event of issues (imo). Ebay's prices are more reasonable than any other retail outlet most likely because you actually have the option of purchasing from different stores, in addition to individuals selling their items.

The inverters are separate from the screens and are located on the laptop usually. Can you not use your current cable for the laptop screen?

3. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hey I probably can I was just saying that the ones on eBay were just the screens and I thought the the price was kind of expensive for just a screen because some people might need everything but I don't I just need a screen. but I guess you say it's a reasonable price.

Thanks for the response.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice