1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Extensa 5635G won't start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by benckie, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benckie

benckie Thread Starter

Hi all, just wanted to ask you all for any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Shut down my laptop as normal lastnight, went to start it this morning and nothing..:eek: the battery light says its fully charged but if i take the battery out and try using it with just the power adapter to start no lights at all come on and of course it doesn't start. I have checked the power adapter with multimeter and its putting out correct voltage.

I am out of warranty by 2 months :mad:

Also how do i find the switch that indicates whether the lid is open or not?
    and where is the reset button located?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information
    benckie;)

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    If you're getting the right readings for the power adapter then it might be a motherboard that's gone south. Try pushing the power button for 20 seconds and release. Then after a few more seconds push it again and see if it comes on..

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    usually near the hinges

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice