1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer laptop has no lights in caps and numlock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DKTaber, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I just bought an Acer E5 laptop, and to my horror, I found out there is no keyboard indication (little light) that the caps lock or numlock are on or off. And they don't retain the last setting after to put the computer in sleep mode or shut down. The only way to find out what setting they're on is hit them and a big padlock appears on screen with either an 'A' (padlock locked) or 'a' (padlock unlocked, or '1' (with padlock locked) or not on (padlock is unlocked). Is there some way to lock them in the position you want so they don't change when you shut down or put the computer to sleep?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

I think most laptops don't have a capslock numlock indicator light, all to save battery power I think

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I don't know about retaining settings on awakening from sleep.
    You can add a 3rd party tool which puts icons near the clock that shows the status of num lock and cap lock. I use
    Tray Status on my Acer Aspire V5.
    https://www.traystatus.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice