1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer laptop no boot up no bios!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bigval, Mar 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Bigval

Bigval Thread Starter

Hi I have an acer aspire e5-573 laptop I turned it on, after a few minutes of loading a logo saying no bootable device appeared, I went through the bios and tried several things that I had read on other forums none of which worked and then I couldn't enter bios. So now when I turn on it just gets to the acer loading screen and nothing works, please help!

2. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

3. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

You could also use a recovery disk or drive, if you have one, and check the status of your hard drive in disk management.

4. Bigval

Bigval Thread Starter

I've tried taking ram, hardrive e.t.c out was not making noise and when I've put everything back together its not even powering up so either I've not put it back correctly or its just a lost cause! I think it was a lost cause anyway!

thanks for your help anyway

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Did you try booting from a DVD? Did you try booting from a USB stick?
    It could be the hard drive is gone (no bootable devices seems to say that for whatever reason, the hd is not seen or doesn't have something bootable on it) so you have to try alternate bootable items.

A live linux USB would allow you to look using its file manager and see if a hard drive is present and what is on it.
    Before I trashed a laptop, I'd at least try and see the situation with the hard drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice