1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Laptop not booting up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jerryz123, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryz123

jerryz123 Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire 5520-5334 with winvista
    When i boot up with the charger in, i go to the windows error recovery screen.
    It says that the windows had failed to start.
    It lists options for startup.

Safe Mode
    Safe mode with networking
    (etc)

When i choose any of these options, it continues to boot up. Then, the system shuts down again.
    Its shuts down at various times, sometimes at the window loading screen, sometimes at the error recovery screen.
    Once i made it to my desktop before it crashed.
    I think its just out of batteries, but im running my laptop plugged in.
    Is it a hardware problem?
    Help Please!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have most likely an impacted or damaged hard drive. So you need to find a real Windows Vista dvd to boot to, which of course you don't have and that is part of the reason laptops are so inexpensive now, and as you approach the install you will see repair options at the bottom of the screen including startup repair and hard drive repair etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice