1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer laptop stuck on "ACER" screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vanBijsterveldt, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanBijsterveldt

vanBijsterveldt Thread Starter

Hi, I'm hoping I'm posting this at the right place, if not please move.
    A week ago my girlfriends' laptop started giving an error message on boot saying "No bootable device, press any key".
    I tried a number of suggestions I found posted online to similar issues but to no avail. I didn't want to completely reset the machine since it was still under warranty, so I figured if we just submitted it for repair someone might be able to save more of her files. However; girlfriend lost the warranty/receipt. We gave up searching today so I went back in to try and reset it.
    I couldn't access the recovery partition of the hdd and gf didn't make a recovery disc.So I decided to try a reset using a recovery drive I made from my own Acer laptop (which, like hers, came with win8).
    This seemed to work, so I let it do it's thing. I checked back on it a while later and it was on 7%, but when I checked again it was stuck on the "ACER" boot screen. It was stuck on there for a couple of hours, not responding to any key input. When I restarted it (by holding power button to turn it off first) it again got stuck on the Acer screen. If I'm quick enough I can get into BIOS during boot, but not once it's stuck on the acer screen.

Do you have any ideas what I can do/try to get this thing working again?

Specs:
    Acer Aspire e1-531
    Windows 8
    HDD= Toshiba MQ01ABD050

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Unless your laptop is the same model as you girlfriend's - or at least from the same laptop series - your recovery disk won't work, mainly because it will try to install the wrong drivers.

I think your best bet is to try to get it fixed under warranty. You may not need the receipt, you can check the laptop's warranty status here :- https://www.acer-apac.com/acer_web/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice