1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Acer Laptop Suddenly Became Slow

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by GasolAlmighty, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasolAlmighty

GasolAlmighty Thread Starter

Hi,

My laptop suddenly became slow over night not sure what caused it, that night i just played a few card games with friends.its been like this for about 3 days now and im not sure what to do i wiped my computer clean the other day kept only personal files not sure whats going on so what took me before 1 to 2 min max to boot up and start my computer now takes about 5-8 min. When i open a program it takes about 2 to 3 min to open and if im chrome watching a video on 1 tab then open another my video stops and everything becomes even more slow so and unresponsive for a minute. If i have 1 app open and i open another the other becomes unresponsive even if its task manager or something simple like notepad.

Computer Model: Aspire r5-571T
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Ram: 8gb
    Graphics Card: Intel 620
    Hdd: 290/930 gb used

Edit: I Also Get Flickering Screens and a black screen before the welcome screen when booting up the acer logo is there for a few seconds before actually booting up. Also im not sure if this helps using one game as an example but i play a game called darkest dungeon its a turn-based strategy game between each turn the computer becomes unresponsive for about a minute then returns to normal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice