1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer laptop with random freezes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by washi, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washi

washi Thread Starter

Hello guys!

I'm new on the forum and I've got a small problem.

It's about my Acer laptop (model 5672) with Windows XP Pro SP3.

The problem with the laptop is that he randomly freezes. It can happened each two days or each 5 minutes. It doesn’t matter what program I’m using. When he freezes, I need to turn him off by pushing the onbutton.
    When I want to reboot he refuses. He powers on, but when he should be showing the white Acerlogo screen (splash screen?), before the booting of Windows, nothing happens and the screen stays black.
    The only thing I can do is power him off and start over again. But when I power him off, I noticed that at the end, the dvdwriter makes a lot of noise.
    Only after a while or a lot of trying (on and off pushing on the button) he boots.
    The not appearance of the white Acerlogo screen (splash?) at the beginning of the boot process tells me this isn’t a software problem.

I also have to mention that he went back to the factory 3 times in 3 weeks. The first time the hdd was changed, second time the RAM memory was faulty. The third time, they said they "tested complete system=>system OK No trouble found".
    I don’t know what the source of the problem is, I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks

2. washi

washi Thread Starter

UPDATE:

I've tried to read some cd's and some of them can't be read. If I put the same cd in another computer, there is no problem.

Same with a dvd, the dvd writer won't read them, but when I put him in another computer the disc works.
    Data dvd disc don't have any problem

Maybe my dvdwriter is broken?

Can it be that my computer freezes of reboots when there is something wrong with de dvdwriter?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice