Acer Laptop won't start from standby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Daeva

So last night before I went to bed, I closed my laptop to put it into standby. This morning I woke up and I opened the lid, pressed the power button and nothing happened. The power button blink, and the harddrive light blinks. But it just blinks off. No clicking from harddrive, not screen activity. Not booting at all.

I've unplugged both the AC adapter, and the battery and it did nothing. I've held down power button to hard reset it. Nothing.

I've had it in standby for that long plenty of times, and never has this been an issue. I have been having problems with the standby on this machine such as it won't fully go into standby when I tell it to, or close the lid. But the screen would go blank, and would still run, fan and everything.

Is this a problem with the power supply? Cause if so, I'm hooped. Is this a simple hold this+this and it'll shut off kind of thing?

Thanks for any help you give!

P.S: The laptop is an Acer Travelmate 2310 I think. It's about 5 years old and it's my mom's.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Have you tried it with just the AC or just the battery?

If you try it without the battery, does it give you the same flash of lights? If not then maybe the AC adapter has failed and the battery has drained.

Daeva

I've tried with battery in, out, on it's own, harddrive out battery out and just ac. So I'm not sure what it could be.

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Do the lights still flash with the battery out?

Can you test the power adapter? It should be putting out 19 volts.

Daeva

Well When the adapter is plugged in it shows an orange light where the battery light is. Normally that's green when on. This is on of the lightsx that flash. Lights flash with battery out as well. No fans become active or anything. I can hear electricity if I put ear next to laptop adaptor plug in. But other than that nothing except the flashing lights.

Daeva

Turns out it's the power adaptor I think. So, I'm going to get it checked out. Take it to london drugs and have it inspected. Thanks for help.

dude it is not a no power issue..it is a no post issue..just try reseating the ram..and that will defintely help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online