1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer laptop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by NavyFC12, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NavyFC12

NavyFC12 Thread Starter

acer aspire 4730z wi fi button flashes is this normal

2. hgh918

hgh918

This is 100% normal, indicating network activity. Are you having issues connecting?

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I'd have to say, NO, it is not normal. We own two Acer netbooks.

The Acer Aspire One 722 has a solid amber light when wifi is on and working. There is no flashing. (Don't confuse modem and router lights flashing with lights on a laptop).

The Acer V5 model does not have a light showing if wifi is on or off. To see the status, I either look in the tray or press Fn + F3 and I get a popup to turn wifi and bluetooth on or off.

I will try and find the manual for your model and do some reading. Nothing in the manual to indicate if it should be solid or flashing.

I found one post from late 2009 on a forum
    from which I gather that a blinking wifi light on the model 4730z is normal.

4. hgh918

hgh918

The light on my acer aspire laptop (which I THINK is model 5750) has been blinking for 5 years..you should be fine:)

5. hgh918

hgh918

And yes plodr is correct, this is different from the link/pc activity light on a modem/router, which flashes in the same fashion as the wifi indicator on many laptop models, including several acers:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice