Acer laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
This is 100% normal, indicating network activity. Are you having issues connecting?

plodr

Liz
I'd have to say, NO, it is not normal. We own two Acer netbooks.

The Acer Aspire One 722 has a solid amber light when wifi is on and working. There is no flashing. (Don't confuse modem and router lights flashing with lights on a laptop).

The Acer V5 model does not have a light showing if wifi is on or off. To see the status, I either look in the tray or press Fn + F3 and I get a popup to turn wifi and bluetooth on or off.

I will try and find the manual for your model and do some reading. Nothing in the manual to indicate if it should be solid or flashing.

I found one post from late 2009 on a forum
how to activate bluetooth on my acer 4736z.when i press bluetooth button,the light not on(mean not activated) not like wifi button..blinking(mean activated) it’s normal..or i’ve to install the bluetooth driver..please help
from which I gather that a blinking wifi light on the model 4730z is normal.

The light on my acer aspire laptop (which I THINK is model 5750) has been blinking for 5 years..you should be fine:)

And yes plodr is correct, this is different from the link/pc activity light on a modem/router, which flashes in the same fashion as the wifi indicator on many laptop models, including several acers:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts