Acer Netbook reinstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Denis Dwyer

I have a Acer Netbook Aspire One ZG5 which has had the operating system reinstalled and I have just been through the horrors and seen the blue screen of death etc. I would like to reinstall XP from the onboard version if possible as I would like to keep the data intact.
Can this be done or where do I go to get a copy of XP to reinstall off a USB stick?

Your help will be greatly appreciated as I am keen to get it going again. If I am better off to install Unix or whatever please advise

Regards
DD
[email protected]l.com

If it has just been reinstalled, you may be wasting your time doing it yet again. What type of error are you getting? Are you sure that you don't have a hardware problem, such as faulty RAM or a bad hard drive?

Whether the OS can be reinstalled from the onboard image depends on how it was reinstalled last time and if the image has been damaged or destroyed by any changes having been made to the drive's partitions.

If you need a CD, you will need to buy one from Acer specific to that model. Recovery CD's should be available at their site.

Denis Dwyer

The reinstall was done a couple of years ago and the machine was never the same again so sound like my software is corrupted. I'll look for recovery discs and go from there

Thanks heaps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online