1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Acer no power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alwaysAnoob, Sep 12, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. alwaysAnoob

alwaysAnoob Thread Starter

Hi , a week ago my Acer Aspire V5-431 wont power on . Charger is good. I removed both batteries. Hold down power button. Still nothing . Nor does it have any led light that shows sign of life. I don't know what else to do. Please Ask me any question I will try my best to answer . Thanks in Advance .

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Sponsor

3. texasbullet

texasbullet Ramon

Maybe video card needs reballing or you may need a motherboard. I have two laptops with the same problem.

4. alwaysAnoob

Before that it was powering on . But I had to play with the power button until it turned on . it works very well when it was on . I guess a new motherboard will be it . I will wait to see if there are any other suggestion .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

On the front left edge of the laptop are two leds. One of them indicates the battery charging state; the other whether it is on, off, or in standby (blinking)
    If you have the battery in the unit and the AC adapter plugged in, the battery light ought to be lit, no matter what. (Amber means charging, blue means fully charged) If neither light is doing anything with the battery and the ac adapter plugged in, the odds are that the charger is bad, the DC jack is broken, or both. Look into the DC jack with a flashlight to see if it is damaged and try to wiggle it with a toothpick to see if it is loose. If they seem ok, carefully inspect the cables for the ac adapter to see if they look damaged.

6. alwaysAnoob

I got the guts to open the laptop to play with the cables , no led lights, no power . I tried another charger and battery from a similar laptop. Still got nothing . Tried mines on the other laptop . Works just Fine . I looked in other forums, sites you tube and I came back with same results . The motherboard is dead . I will just need to get another motherboard or laptop . For my files, at least the HDD is good and safe. Thanks for your help guys .

7. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

8. alwaysAnoob

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196256