Acer not booting up after reformatting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

myndless

I have used the recovery discs on an Acer desktop. The computer will not boot up, the message being that Windows\system32\config\system is either missing or corrupt. Help please.

myndless

Hi, I tried that and it now appears that the problem is actually in the discs themselves as I managed to install WinXP from another disc without any problem. Now to contact Acer and see if they will supply me with another set of discs.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.
Cheers,
Myndless

My Acer has E-Recovery pre-installed with My OS (Vista) partitioned so i can reinstall easily.
Dont you have the same,but with XP?
If so Pressing Alt+F10 @ Acer Screen will give you installation options.

myndless

Hi Leraje, That would have been the way to go but I didn't find that option. The computer has Symantec Ghost installed and it kept bringing up that screen no matter what I tried. At the moment, I have it working but will get new discs for it in case there are further problems.
Thanks for replying. Cheers!

myndless

Hi Thorsen,

I will contact Acer and hope they are kind and replace the discs but I suspect there will be a charge. I will do my wheedling best to get them replaced at no cost though as the discs have never been used.

Cheers!

Np bro,
I should have put in post it was more of a "for future reference" kinda post:).
Also i notice in ur other post, "replacing disks", another service E-Recovery provides is to create your own back-up discs
Example:
1, Restore to factory settings.
2, Restore to where you are now.
3, Back-up drivers and software.
Im not %100 sure this applies to you,I hope it helps in any way:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online