1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Not Booting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jekokgo, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jekokgo

jekokgo Thread Starter

My acer aod250 says "Check cable connection..! PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC. PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key."
    I have no bootdisk or cd drive. I've gone to the setup utilities and have been booting it from there for over a year but it doesn't work anymore.
    I need help, please!
    (acer support won't help me)

2. Sponsor

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/0000/Acer/AspireOneAOD250/AspireOneAOD250ul.shtml

Support documents user guides there to possibly help you. These netbooks normally will boot from external drives like USB.

If the eRecovery info there does not help, and it IS pretty sketchy....... click the link "Support" at the top of the page at the link I posted for the user guides..... look carefully through all the separate areas there such as user forums, support docs, FAQ's for answers.

The network boot message you are seeing is just because it can boot that way, if you were for instance on a network like in a business environment controlled from a server and admin.

Apparently, you never created the Recovery media..... to do that, to make ONE set, you have to use either a USB flash drive or external DVD/CD writer. Info is in the user manual or you will run into it.

Last but not least>>> here is where you may be able to purchase Recovery media which is used to reinstall and to rebuild the factory recovery partition in cases like this where the hard disk does not seem to be working and MAY have to be replaced>>>>>>

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369

The message you are seeing, and the non-boot tend to relate to a damaged, dead or dying hard drive.

4. jekokgo

jekokgo Thread Starter

It wont let me purchase a recovery program because my computer is registered through rac and all of my technical support has to be done through them. The problem with that is that rac won't help me fix this problem. I've gone to them twice in the past for this exact problem and they couldn't fix it and when I was still paying it off, they wouldn't replace the hard drive, and now that my computer is paid off it's not their responsibility I guess. I was supposed to get a call from them today about this problem and it never came.

5. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi,

What does "rac" stand for? A store or online shop?

When the store warranty is over, the manufacturer support usually will still provide some tech support.
    Did you actually contact/ make a complaint with Acer? Or are you just figuring that since it is out of warranty with the other place, that's it:?
    I understand and read your post that Acer support would not help you......
    If you have not, I suggest contacting Acer support, by live chat or by telephone or email, and simply give them the details you showed us. I have alwaysbeen helped by a manufacturer's support people at some level. You may have to contact through Customer Care or Customer Service.... and you may have to try more than once. Acer may possibly help you interest the RAC in helping their customer, too. If you have done all that,
    I don't see anything else to do. Try including documentation of what RAC told you.....

http://secure3.tx.acer.com/findsystem/FindSystem.aspx?title=Contact+Support&brand=Acer

Anyway, have you tried this stuff >>> What can I do if my computer does not power on?

If the hard drive has failed, there is no way it is going to be able to be fixed. You will need an external drive to test things, to run diagnostics from.

You MAY be able to boot from a USB flash (pen) drive, I can't say, but certainly from an external DVD or CD drive.

XP media is normally in CD form. Or, you could purchase a new hard drive and a copy of XP , or Vista (no......) or Windows 7 (maybe) and just install manually, but you must find out if there are drivers for all hardware in that netbook and whatever you run with it

At least test the drive> Read up on how to remove it from the netbook and connect it to another computer .... this is not too difficult. A shop could certainly rescue data for you if need be. That tests the drive function as to read/write ability. It may be completely toasted or still readable. Anyway, good luck. I will be here if you have questions. I don't have a lot of time but I will check each evening.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

RAC is Rentacenter.If you have paid it off its your computer now and belongs to you. I wouldnt even bother dealing with them anymore if thats the kind of help you have gotten.Hopefully it still has some kind of a warranty from acer and you can contact them and go from there.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1023694