1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer Travelmate 2350, LEDs on but no boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by winpc, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Sudden problem.

Left the laptop booted up.

Came back and nothing.

All I have now is the LEDs lighting up when I put the DC plug in but not boot. Once the plug is removed, the LEDs go out.

Any ideas?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Is it the same with the battery connected and removed ?

3. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Yes, its the same either with or without the battery.

Someone suggested removing the battery for a while and then refit - I'll refit it tomorrow.

If that doesn't solve it, then I suppose I'll have to take the laptop apart and look for loose connections and burnt out bits and bobs?

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I think leaving the battery out overnight might reset the Bios settings and it might boot if it does. Most laptops have a separate small battery to keep the Bios settings from changing like that but I couldn't find any mention of one in the manual I link to below.

If the above doesn't help then yes you could try dismantling it, you can get a service manual for it here :- http://www.manualslib.com/manual/232667/Acer-Travelmate-2350.html
    Click the green download button at top left then on the new webpage enter the 3 characters it asks for and click on the blue 'Get Manual' button.

5. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Most obliged

6. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

I put the battery back in this morning and the laptop came back to life, started to boot, then died after about 20 seconds.

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Try leaving the battery out overnight again then tomorrow switch it on with just the charger connected and the battery still out.

8. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Had the laptop to bits and couldn't find any damage or loose connections.

Tried to boot it after re-assembly - still the same - I believe its had it.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    It doesn't look good. You could try fitting another motherboard, you might find a used one at a reasonable price on Ebay.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice