1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acer travelmate 6593 Bios or ram problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Montychristo, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Montychristo

Montychristo Thread Starter

Hi Guys and Gals.

Long story short I updated my acer travelmat 6593 from bios 1.11 to 1.20 all went well every thing worked as it should :)) I upgraded the ram with a new 2gb module. Now the bios and windows only see 2gb of ram. The laptop wont boot with the ram in 2/3 slot ive swapped them around and they both work in the 0/1 slot. Is it possible it could be a ram problem ? If so how do i backdate the bios?
    I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit or mint mate 14 64bit.
    Thanks in in advance for any help.

Cheers Montychristo

2. dai

dai

you reflash with the previous version

i doubt the problem is with the bios

what do you mean by slots 2/3 and 0/1

the specs say it only has 2 slots

what does system information list for the ram

3. Montychristo

:) Hi

Yes only two slots max 2gb in each I had felt they were double sided hence the 0/1 and 2/3.
    I have tried to backdate the bios no luck through windows. There is mention in the workshop manual of a crisis disk to recover bios. More for me to investigate Also in reading the workshop manual I found a list of recommended ram, the new ram is not on the list ;-(((.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers
    Montychristo

4. dai

dai

i would leave the bios as is

the list is what they used to test with and works,they don't test all brands

with laptops i have used when you click down the ram slot,if you don't hold the ram down in the slot as you click it down it unseats

5. Montychristo

I will re try your hint with inserting the ram, thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice