1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

acer v3-571 boot fail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrminecrafttable, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrminecrafttable

mrminecrafttable Thread Starter

About a year and a half ago i bought a acer V3-571. for the last 4 months, every once and a while, it decides not not turn on. this is what happens:
    When i press the power button the power button light was well as the power indicator lights turns on for only about 5 to 10 secconds then it turns off.
    The screen does not turn on, it just stays black.
    eventually, after pressing the button for a couple of days it decides to turn on.
    some times this problem lasts only a day but sometimes it last a couple of weeks.
    i have tried all of the typical things: press the button down for X amount of time, or strip the pc first then press the button. none of these work reliably.
    i just want to know what is happening and how i can prevent it from ever happening again?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    is it plugged into the charger when trying to do it? if so culd b bad charger/bad battery

3. mrminecrafttable

mrminecrafttable Thread Starter

thanks for replying.
    yes it is plugged in, but i don't think it is the charger because the computer starts after a while.
    It happen for 3 hours today. it just sort of "locks up"

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    I am not sure what could be causing it then...hopefully a HARDWARE EXPERT will pick up this thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice