acer won't start (aspire 5733)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dantecdrass

Had big problems. Got software restore. Can't start from disc. Changed boot order, nothing. f8, f10, f12,got my no where. Won't start in safe mode. I don't have the options that the instructions with the discs say I should have. Here are my options:

1. IDE1: Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD10RS
2. IDE0: WDC WD5000BPVT=22HX2T1
3. Network Boot: LEGACY PCI Device

1. Goes to eRecovery and just sticks there with a blue spinning wheel
2. Goes to f8 menu with no option for recovery or repair. When trying to start normally it goes to a blue screen with an error message that is gone to fast to read. Restarts
3. Goes to black screen with some unreadable stuff except for the word "failure". Restarts

I let eRecovery go for about 10 hours and it never booted up. Not sure what to do and tech support is a joke. Please help.

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.
Please do not post duplicate threads, as this is agaisnt forum rules.
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Perhaps it was accidental.
Create a W7 repair disk. Boot to it.
Report the results.
If it finds a W7 installation, repair W7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105541-startup-repair-run-3-separate-times.html

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-system-repair-disc

RF123

2. Goes to f8 menu with no option for recovery or repair. When trying to start normally it goes to a blue screen with an error message that is gone to fast to read. Restarts
Boot using f8.
Select "disable automatic re-start"
We need the entire text. Yes, it is long. the more information you provide, the sooner can we help you fix your problem.

RF123

dantecdrass

I thank everyone for your help on this. I have two concerns. The windows 7 acer software says to only use with acer. Would this cause problems trying to boot it on a toshiba vista? Can I still download some of the software suggested here? Would the vista be able to handle it correctly and burn to cd? Also, the older toshiba that I'm using now as a back-up had a ton of viruses, trojans, you name it, it had it. I did restore to factory defaults which I guess is called a dirty or soft restore because I didn't use any discs. But I had no problems with the acer until this toshiba was connected to the network (after default restore). It was almost instant problems with the acer after that.

The windows 7 acer software says to only use with acer. Would this cause problems trying to boot it on a toshiba vista?
YUP!

Can I still download some of the software suggested here? Would the vista be able to handle it correctly and burn to cd? Also, the older toshiba that I'm using now as a back-up had a ton of viruses, trojans, you name it, it had it. I did restore to factory defaults which I guess is called a dirty or soft restore because I didn't use any discs. But I had no problems with the acer until this toshiba was connected to the network (after default restore). It was almost instant problems with the acer after that.
Please explain the situation.

I am confused.

The W7 repair disk .iso is provided by Microsoft. Microsoft has ways of preventing pirated Microsoft software from being repaired.

You can download the software.

You can create a W7 repair disk, on a computer running W Vista; legitimate Vista.

The W7 repair disk will run [ may not be able to fix the problem, but the program will run ] on legitimate W7.

The W7 will not run [ will not try to repair a W7 installation created with pirated software.

toshiba that I'm using now as a back-up had a ton of viruses, trojans,
It is possible that the Toshiba is still infected. It is possible that the malware, if present, could cause an infection of the W7 computer. The malware, if present, could cause the creation of the W7 repair disk to fail; or the repair process to fail.

edit
Using an image to restore the Windows files may succeed, but the infection might not be gone; no matter if you use a set of disks or a recovery partition; rootkits will survive that.

It depends on the nature of the infection on teh Toshiba.

end edit

I hope I have answered your questions & addressed our concerns.

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online