Acomdata external harddrive problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silentz

Model HD16OUES-72 - USB

it was running fine for 6 months ... then just yesterday i accidently droped it (1 feet in height ) then my comp crash that night so i turned off everything and went to sleep, woke up this morning, turned on everything and my comp could not pick up the external hard drive -

the hard drive first blink blue...while making this robotic sound...then it stop making sound then begin blinking red to blue - i read the site manual and it said red blinking light mean its writing /etc something ....but it doesnt look like it =/ or is not the case

i tryed restarting in many different situation....google the "red blinking light" but couldnt find any who had similar situation...

anyone care to explain and resolve this problem?

thank in advance =/

Triple6

Rob
I'd take the enclosure apart and try connecting the actual hard drive inside your computer to see if you can read the data off it.

Triple6

Rob
So the hard drive did not work internally either? Same clicking noise? If so then there isn't much you can do, the hard drive is damaged and you'll just need to replace it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online