Acrobat Distiller 4.0: No Color PDFs from Framemaker Files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

early

Hello-

I've looked through different threads and don't see any particular to my problem....

All pdfs that I create come out in black and white only, no color. I have FrameMaker 6.0, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, Acrobat Distiller 4.0, Windows 2000. The files I convert to pdf are FrameMaker files. I am using the same Distiller, Frame, and Acrobat settings that my colleague uses; she doesn't have this problem with her files. I've converted some of her files to pdf using my system, and I still get black and white pdfs. Any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

sounds like a color managemenr / color options problem

i use adobe 5, and not with framemaker, so i don't have any specific advice but:

try this link to the adobe 4.0 support knowledgebase and help files

likely you'll need to set your preferences to capture the colors from the original document/file
- double check (ie write down) your colleagues settings after you look through the file below

http://adobedoc.kanisasolution.com/Acrobat4/Help.htm

early

The site link you provided is excellent--I really recommend it to anyone having problems with the pdf process. Thanks for passing it on. Your thoughts pointed me in a direction I hadn't considered. An Adobe trainer suggested it may be a problem with the postscript printer driver that I'm using. He believes that the ppd being used to create the postscript may be for a b&w printer. His suggestion is to reinstall Acrobat and be sure to choose custom install. Under custom install, he says the Distiller Printer should be chosen as an option. This is a generic ppd that works well for color and b&w. I mention this in case anyone else has a similar problem; I'll be sure to post the outcome.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online