1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

acrobat.exe multiples in task manager - won't stop running

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by piekarz, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piekarz

piekarz Thread Starter

Running Adobe Acrobat 9 pro. Every time I open/close a pdf file, another instance of acrobat.exe appears in the task manager. After several entries, it will not allow me to print a file to pdf until I stop the processes of all acrobat.exe in task manager. It just started doing this about a month ago. I have changed the preferences within the program (edit-preferences-internet - unchecked display PDF in browser, unchecked allow fas web views, unchecked allow speculative downloading). I have a fast paced business and this has slowwwed me down. Hate it. There has to be something i can do. ANY help would be absolutely wonderful :) Thank you!

2. pip22

pip22

One fix I found for that is:

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat.
    Do not re-install just yet.
    Delete Adobe Acrobat folder in Program Files & any Adobe Acrobat sub-folders inside your user folder.
    Re-install Adobe Acrobat.

3. piekarz

piekarz Thread Starter

Thanks. I tried that already. It got so frustrating that I just upgraded to the newest version. So far, no problems. I used the programs alot, so I'm sure something got twisted somewhere.
    THANK YOU for responding :)
    Anne

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!