Acrobat iehelper

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jimsoccer

i seem to have to end task on Acrobat iehelper.exe everytime i shutdown. Anything suspicious about this or any possible fix?

If you have not upgraded to version 6 try downloading and installing it. I is wonderful and it should fix the problem.

jimsoccer

i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, problem still occurring. adobe 5 is not on my computer, it had been uninstalled before i put 6.0 on the computer

You should be able to remove the previous adobe using this:

Make sure you backup the registry before editing.
Select Start > Run

In the Open: line type regedit and press Enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The Add/Remove Programs list is built from the keys listed beneath the Uninstall folder.

Locate the key for the program that has been uninstalled, right click the key and click Delete.

Be very careful. Once the key has been deleted it's impossible to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall if you make an incorrect selection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts