1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acrobat; Photoshop And Illustrator Join hands and CRASH

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sp00nk, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sp00nk

sp00nk Thread Starter

This is surely not a happy day for a serious designer with some deadlines to meet. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyhow; So nothing CHANGED as far as I can remember - and I didn't really reach the age of senility yet; so it seems they decided to go plop out of the blue.

Acrobat did it first. It just died on me. Wouldn't open. Just hang.
    My Firefox browser seemed to adapt the same freezing quality. I restarted.
    Browser was fine. The Acrobat reader just wouldn't open.

So I mutter "stupid proggie" and download A. Reader 7. Install it - takes a few more minutes. Done. Works. Cheers. I'm happy.

Then more problems follow up - I open up photoshop - I need to publish a project that was designed in Illustrator. So I select File>Place. then proceed to select the .ai file. This has worked so many times in the past - but now - it just promptly freezes.

This getting quite annoyingi; I decide to figure out wtf is wrong with photoshop later; and I decide to use Illustrator directly to publish my project. I double click the Illustrator icon. To my surprise - it freezes.

I would assume this is no coincidence... but I have NO CLUE as to what messed them programs up!

As to more details- both illustrator an photoshop are CS; they both generously take up 90+% of my CPU when they freeze. (What is also known as - "when you go down; go down HARD. :eek: ")

Errr... Ya - more thoughts that come to mind: I tried deleting the aiprefs file... no go.
    Also; tried multiple restarts, no go.
    Tried to repair the Illustrator installation. no go.
    Tried to UNINSTALL and REINSTALL illustrator. no go.
    Illustrator hangs on "Geometry.aip" - initializing plugins.
    And last thing - I left the illustrator to "hang out" for the night - Apperantly; at a certain point in time; It OPENED. Cuz this morning it was open in main screen. How many minutes/hours it took for this to happen - :eek: I dunno. But this is no solution; of course.

Anyhow - I need your help, badly.

Sincerely,

-Dan

2. sp00nk

sp00nk Thread Starter

Many hours wasted; But alas; 'twas a matter of ill chance that pulled that wrath upon me.

And now to cut the dramatics: fixed my probs.

I know a ******** of people around the WWW had this problem - since I've seen numerous mentions of it in other forums. Nobody seemed to have the solution.

Well - this is basically why I take the time to write this up.

To fix your problems
    (all of them - err... in regards to this issue. Life problems - look in another forum ;) ) = remove the temporarty Adobe ACROBAT files. (how the HECK do those affect PS and ILL, I have no clue.) - Basically; goto the Adobe site; follow the instructions to fixup Acrobat freeze that are found in the FAQ in the Support section.

This fixes all; after you do that and a quick un-re-install of Acrobat.

Ch33rs,

May you guys never see days as dark as these couple were for me;

-Dan

3. slipe

slipe

Thanks for the feedback.

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

How much RAM is the system equipped with?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice