Acrobat Plug-in Error - `PPKLite.api'

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jerold

I'm getting this error message whenever my Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro opens:

There was an error while loading the plugin `PPKLite.api'.
The plugin failed to initialize.

I've been searching the web for a fix and I've run across this a couple of times. I don't know how to implement it - I think it may be for Linux though.

cd /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/plug_ins/
chmod -x PPKLite.api

I am running WindowsXP Pro and Acrobat 6.0 has been on my machine for at least 6mo. with this error. Anyone know how to fix it?

THanks,
Jerold

Jerold

I think I fixed it by running the acrobat updates - at least the message didn't reappear.

Do you need to install all the acrobat updates that are listed? I just installed update 6.06, but it lists all the other update versions (6.01, 6.02...) still. Doesn't 6.06 include all previous versions or do I need to install everything? It leaves loads of items in the add/remove list.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online