1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acrobat Plug-in Error - `PPKLite.api'

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jerold, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerold

Jerold Thread Starter

I'm getting this error message whenever my Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro opens:

There was an error while loading the plugin `PPKLite.api'.
    The plugin failed to initialize.

I've been searching the web for a fix and I've run across this a couple of times. I don't know how to implement it - I think it may be for Linux though.

cd /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/plug_ins/
    chmod -x PPKLite.api

I am running WindowsXP Pro and Acrobat 6.0 has been on my machine for at least 6mo. with this error. Anyone know how to fix it?

THanks,
    Jerold

2. Jerold

Jerold Thread Starter

I think I fixed it by running the acrobat updates - at least the message didn't reappear.

Do you need to install all the acrobat updates that are listed? I just installed update 6.06, but it lists all the other update versions (6.01, 6.02...) still. Doesn't 6.06 include all previous versions or do I need to install everything? It leaves loads of items in the add/remove list.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!