Acrobat Professional 6.0 vs. 7.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gator14

My company needs to purchase Acrobat Professional for a new project we're working on. Some people have said that we should purchase 6.0 because 7.0 is too invasive. My experience with 6.0 is that it's a resource hog and slow loading and I've read that 7.0 is much quicker. Any opinions over which way I should go?

Thanx,

Gator

Well, and what means invasive?
I use Acrobat Professional 7.0 and I used 6.0 too, but I can't say that I have ever had any problems with Acrobat 7.0...
(y)

gator14

Invasive as in affects other areas of your computer and tries to integrate too much. I'm just repeating what they said.

Gator

gator14

I was told it adds itself to Microsoft Office products without asking your permission. I've read about users having difficulty removing those features permanently.

I don't think 7 is much faster than v6, mostly people think it's faster because there is a preloader installed at system startup.
For both, the best thing to do is to disable plugins that you won't use.
As for invasiveness - I haven't noticed much difference, most of the less appealing features can be disabled PDF SpeedUp 1.42 . For maximum compatibility in the future, go with 7.

gator14

I downloaded SpeedUp and now I get 6 or 7 error messages when I open a PDF file. After I close them all one at a time I can finally open the file. I tried to do a system restore but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

What for? Reader, Pro v?
I would imagine that you disabled plugins that the pdf uses. Restore all the plugins, then try again.

gator14

The problem I had was for Reader. I reoaded all the plug-ins and it seems to be fine now.

How do I know what plug-ins to disable?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online