1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Acrobat Reader & Firefox access problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raygdw, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

Since yesterday I have had problems with both Acrobat Reader and with Firefox.

With Acrobat I can open a document and then after a few minutes I get a pop-up saying the application was unable to start correctly. See Image

With Firefox sometimes it opesn perfectly and other times I get a pop-up saying cannot access.... (see image)

I have run Malwarebytes, I have checked properties > security > permission.

I even uninstalled Firefox, deleted C:\Program Files (x86) Mozilla Firefox. And re-installed.

With Acrobat I ran the repair facility.

I also ran sfc /scannow

I am now out of ideas.

I note that the forum asks me to download SySInfo and I did.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2117U @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3911 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2012 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (339 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, EA50_CX
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Enabled and Updated

Attached Files:

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The FF popup is for a 32 bit version of the program. (note the (x86) behind the Program Files). Switch to the 64 bit version.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switch-32-bit-64-bit

I found this possible fix for the Adobe Reader Error.

raygdw likes this.
  3. CeeBee52

CeeBee52

Hi. I tried to install Acrobat Reader several times before found the problem. I found that I had unchecked the ACTIVE X FILTERING option under TOOLS on Internet Explorer as it interfered with some programs. I enabled it by rechecking, reinstalled Acrobat Reader and waited until I had actually opened the program before unchecking ACTIVE X again (which you don't need to do - I just wanted this). Hope this helps.

4. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

Thank you very much. I have followed your advice with Firefox and so far it seems to be working. Sadly the Acrobat tip is no helping. I had actually already tried that. I am therefore going to uninstall and reinstall it and will report back
    Again many thanks

5. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

I do not have Internet Explorer. Upgraded to Edge, Chrome and Firefox and they do not have that facility. But thanks.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  7. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

All is now working after reinstalling Acrobat and changing Firefox to 64 bit version
    Thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1192084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice