Acrobat Reader not working!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

caryllynn_20

Acrobat reader 6 is throwing an error when trying to open any PDF file even after a fresh install: "The drive cannot find the sector requested". Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this. My only guess and next step is to completely uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office SBE 2000. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Caryl

caryllynn_20

I have done that already. They have no information at all on this error. From what I read, some features intertwine with Office so I figured it was worth a shot.

Hi,

Acrobat Reader 6 needs lots of memory speed etc. to run. try going back to the previous version 505.

I had numerous problems with v6 on my work computer, pages not displaying & printing properly and generally not working well. I reverted to v 5.05 which worked fine but they want v6 on it. So I basically don't use Acrobat any more at work as I cannot be certain the pages will display properly.

hth

Ceri

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online