1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acrobat Reader printing problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Durham1935, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Durham1935

Durham1935 Thread Starter

I have a printing problem with Acrobat Reader v11 if I use the Custom Scale facility. This causes an unwanted header space at the top of the printed document which negates to some extent the whole purpose of Custom Scale. This unwanted header space occurs ONLY when using Custom Scale, ie, NOT when using any of the paper size options in the drop down list for any of my printers. It is most noticeable on my dot matrix printers where the platen movement is easily observed.

Using the alternative Shrink Oversized Pages option works only with the page sizes listed - none of which have the Custom Size paper which Word affords. Unfortunately, none of the page sizes in the drop down list for any of my printers is suitable for a particular application.

I've been assured elsewhere that there is a Custom Paper Size facility within Acrobat Reader but I've failed to find it. (I've been using Print>Properties>Paper/Quality>Advanced>Paper/Output>Paper size which brings up the drop down list a paper sizes for each printer) Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. draceplace

draceplace

I'm impressed that you can keep 20 + year old printers up and running! But you might have to get one made this century to take full advantage of modern software.

I have always had little issues with everything Adobe. Never seems to work as advertised / documented.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185805