1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acronis Backup and Recovey 2010 Won't install

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kapustin Yar, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kapustin Yar

Kapustin Yar Thread Starter

I just bought Acronis Backup, Recovey and antivirus 2010. I purchased a license over the internet on Ebay and I downloaded a trial version.

However when I tried to install the trial version I got an error saying that a previous version of Acronis was installed and thllat I couldn't insta the new version until I installed the old version.

The problem is that I don't have any other versions installed on that drive.

I have a dual boot, Win7 on C and winxp on D. The D drive has acronis 8 on it but I got rid of it before I installed this product. Besides I'm installing version 2010 on my Win7 drive, not my XP drive.

I've gone to the Acronis website and I'm informed I can't register because my email is already taken, and I asked for my password and a link was sent to me and the link didn't work. There appears to be lots of support on the Acronis site but I can't access any of it because I can't register.

This problem with acronis is very frustrating. The harder I try the more I get upset.

How do I fix this problem with installing Acronis on my win7 drive?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How did you "get rid of it" on the D drive?

3. oksteve

oksteve

If you can uninstall all previous Acronis where ever they are then try again. Don't forget to reset each time.
    Contact Acronis support about your registering problem.
    If that is not possible download another trial under a new email address.

4. Kapustin Yar

I will respond to each of your questions

Hi Dave,

I got rid of acronis on D drive by reinstalling it and then uninstalling it from the disk itself.

and Steve,

I have contacted Acronis and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Their website is very slow and complicated to use. They also won't let me register their product. Each time they say my email address is taken. I have tried downloading under a different email address and no joy

Thank you both for answering.

5. Kapustin Yar

Well tech support got back to me and 'registered' my product for me but I am still not able to install anything. Any ideas?

6. oksteve

oksteve

I wonder if acromonious sorry Acronis is having conflicts with your partitioned hard drive.
    I am assuming C&D are on the same hard drive. If one is an external drive then install only on the other.
    If they are both on the same drive thats where conflicts may occur.

7. Kapustin Yar

Sorry, C an D are different drives entirely.The specs on my pc are above. Its the desktop.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice