Acronis is Changing - Opinions Welcome

Johnny b

John
From that link:

Acronis delivers a solution that addresses the full range of threats, from accidental deletions and hardware failure to device theft and cyberattack.
IMO, that's putting a lot of trust in a wide net, with a single program.
From Iot to all the different types of hardware and the software that runs it, that's a lot of territory to cover and the potential for conflict seems high to me. But then, I'm no expert, just another user with an opinion.

As far as MS Defender conflicts in the future....well... that's up to Microsoft lol.
If need be, Acronis will have to conform to future MS changes.

I have no need for Acronis and I stopped the Windows upgrade path at Win 7 which I use only in a standalone situation.

plodr

Liz
Never used and have no intention of using Acronis as an av or ransomware program. I use Acronis only has an imaging program.
I run TI outside of Windows, cold boot with either a CD or a USB stick with Acronis on it, attach a portable drive and point the program to put the image on that.

Hello All - Acronis is changing into a full blown AV/Ransomeware and other security program. What are your thoughts as this may cause conflict with Defender?

Going beyond backup: Acronis True Image is now Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (bleepingcomputer.com)

Regards Silversurf
Just one old guy's opinion:

The only bullet-proof defense against ransomware is periodic AIR-GAPPED backups, not as easy for businesses, especially large ones but is easy and bullet-proof for us common peasants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online