1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acronis secure zone and PGP secure disk

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by euthan, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euthan

euthan Thread Starter

hello, i used acronis true image and disk director suite and successfully cloned and backup disks many times. recently i installed pgp enterprise to secure the disk. as fate would have it i decided to increase the secure zone partition. the operating system on boot prompted for pgp password to decrypt the drive and then acronis loaded and i used the partition management option. the partition limit of secure zone was enhanced from 55 gb to 61 gb (limit being shown as 69gb). the three steps that appeared were C drive size being fixed from 55 gb to 45 gb, D drive (which was pgp secured) was shown to be going NO change and the third step was the Secure Zone expanding from 45 GB to 51 gb or so. when all the steps were done, the system booted. as always the first prompt was PGP secure disk, i entered the password but the second prompt for Acronis halted and Displayed a fatal error and asked to press enter to attempt to boot the OS. On pressing Enter the system booted and the OS was normal EXCEPT that the D drive was being shown as Raw (i.e. needed to formatted). On inspecting the D drive with Acronis disk manager the three partitions were visible the C and Secure zone with the newly allocated disk space but the D was being shown as RAW Although the D disk size was being shown as before, i.e. 45 GB. All assets are resided in the D drive. Please advise how to recover or restore the partitions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!