1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Acronis Trueimage Rescue Disks

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Saxon, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Saxon

Saxon Thread Starter

I wrote on the subject of Acronis Trueimage Rescue Disks on this forum some time ago. Back then I found that rescue disks made some months before a re-install was required failed to recognise any recently made disk images.

I am not talking of rescue disks made with different versions of Trueimage, like trying to use a version 8 rescue disk to reinstall a disk image made with version 9. No, in this case it was a version 9 rescue disk and a version 9 disk image.

To cut to the chase I advise everyone who has Acronis Trueimage to create new rescue disks every time the Version and/or the Build number is updated. This problem has happened to me two or three times now, but luckily Windows had not crashed so I could make a more recent rescue disk which worked perfectly. Please take notice of this or you could find yourself unable to reinstall your disk images if windows goes down.

2. guitar

guitar Banned

are you talking about boot disc or the fullbackup which i save on external drive

3. Saxon

Saxon Thread Starter

The backup is not usually the problem. It's neglecting to update the rescue disk when you have updated Acronis or to put it another way you are making new disk images with an updated Acronis yet not updating your rescue disk.

4. Spider111

Spider111

Personally I have never encountered this problem before actually you're the first person from who I hear that. Did you receive some error message?

P.S: I've just checked my old rescue disks and everything is fine.

5. Saxon

Saxon Thread Starter

It doesn't seem to be an identifiable problem, all I can say is it definitely does happen at least to me. The error is always one where the disk images are reported as being corrupt i.e. unusable but after creating a new current rescue disk the disk images are accepted immediately and reinstallation continues perfectly. I don't want to cause alarm or panic but simply suggest that keeping the rescue disks up to date as well as Acronis itself is a good idea. If this scenario hasn't happened to anyone else ever then I can only use the word 'incredible' or there is something so unique about my system it couldn't ever be replicated. However the fact remains it is a possibility which is why I still advise keeping resue disks up to date together with the software itself. As the old adage goes 'You have been warned' and you surely have.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I've seen it in the past, so the advice is reasonable. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!