ACT! 2006 with Windows Vista?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

valaset

I have just purchased a new HP laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium on it and I would like to use my ACT! 2006 software with it. The Sage website says it is not compatible and will not be supported on Vista.

Has anyone tried this anyways? Do the basic features work? Did it install at all?

Before I make a mess of my new laptop...I figured I would ask if anyone has attempted this.

Can't you make Vista go retro?
In XP, there was a compatibility set back for certain programs that didn't work on XP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there the same thing for Vista?

valaset

I have heard that...but this is my first Vista PC...I will have to look into that. Thanks for the advice...

ACT! 2006 used MS SQL 2000 and Microsoft have said they will not make SQL 2000 run on Vista. So the only choice is to upgrade to ACT! 2007 which uses SQL 2005

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online