Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Act! will not run on 64-bit -- need a replacement

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GLComputing 
#1 ·
Been using Act! for several years on a desktop PC running XP, 32-bit. Just discovered Act! will not run on the new Win7, 64-bit machine we just set up to replace the dead XP machine. I need a replacement for Act!, something that tracks names, dates, appointments, addresses, phone numbers, etc. and that will pop up on-screen reminders.

Suggestions, please. Willing to spend up to $100.

#3 ·
According to Sage -- from a current web page in their site:

Q. Can I install ACT! on a 64-bit client operating system?
A. Currently, ACT! cannot be installed on a 64-bit client operating system. ACT! is a 32-bit application which works with 32-bit database software. Modifications to ACT! are required to support the installation and use on 64-bit operating systems. We are currently working on these changes. Continue to check this site for updated information. In the meantime, we recommend that you install a 32-bit operating system unless there are specific applications that require the use of a 64-bit operating system.

I found this Q&A sheet after our 2009 version of Act aborted the installation with their 64-bit "no-no" error message.

Looks like Sage needs to update their web pages.

Thanks for the input. I'll mark this solved.

#4 ·
That web page was written in 2007... should be removed or updated

ACT! 2010 and 2011 can run on Vista and Win7 x64 (not XP x64)

If using Office 2010, you must install it as x32 (many apps including some of Microsoft's can't connect to Office 2010x64).
Also, only ACT! 2011 can use Office 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.