1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Action Replay MAX EVO help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by coolguy204, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coolguy204

coolguy204 Thread Starter

Hey guys i really need some help. I have heard stories about how action replay has alot of bugs in it, but i didn't think they were totally true. The problems are that in order to actually read the disk i have to turn my ps2 on its side. Another problem is when i get the updates and i try to open the codelist, the blue loading bubbles fill up, but then they drop back down and freeze then the game freezes. If you can help me, i will gladly appreciate it, but if you can't i'm gonna get a new one. (I'm gonna get a new one anyway). Thanx, and please reply. P.S. i already cleaned my laser and all that stuff so i know thats not the problem> Thanx again.

2. McTimson

McTimson

Do you plan on getting a new copy of the game, or a new PS2? I would think that the PS2 would be at fault here, and that getting a new copy of the game would only produce the same results.

Have you ever had to adjust the laser, not just clean it? It's where you move that white gear around to change the height of the laser - if you haven't had to yet, I have a feeling you might need to soon.

3. coolguy204

No I havent had to adjust the laser before, I have only had to clean the laser with alchohol and a q tip. But I dont understand this problem because my friend has the same action replay as me and it woeks fineon his ps2. I just read last night that it is not published by sony or any company related with ps2. And it is a blue bottomed disk, which means its lighter than any other ps2 game, which comes to it not reading the disk well(because it kind of flopps around in the disk tray. Thanks for replying dude, but if you have any other ideas would you keep on contacting me. Thanx. P.S. I really dont want to get a new ps2 or actually adjust the laser, i'm poor.(not really). Thanx again.

4. McTimson

McTimson

Since it's not reading the disk well, you probably have to adjust the laser. It's not difficult, it doesn't cost anything, you just have to be careful because you're opening up your PS2 doing it. Here's an article on the process, it sounds like this is your problem.

5. coolguy204

Actually, i got my money back so i'm gettin a gameshark instead, but thanx anyway.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/529506

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice