1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ActionScript 3/Flash CS3 help please

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by jbm1991, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbm1991

jbm1991 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    i have a school project to do, and it will contain several video clips ranging from 1 to 3 minutes in length. i would like to make the whole thing in flash BUT whenever i try and import a video, the video ends up taking hundreds of frames, which not only makes things extremely confusing for me, but it also makes my life a lot harder. Is there a way to make a video clip take only one frame? perhaps putting the video in its own file, exporting that to a .swf then importing/embeding that swf in my project, and thus making the video take up less than 1 frame. if this is how you do it, please could someone tell me how to do this. or if this is not how you do it, can someone please tell me how?

thanks in advance

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Make an empty movieclip and import it into the movieclip. Now you can attach the movie clip to the stage and it will only occupy one frame. If you need any more Flash Cs3 help or guidance I will be happy to help :D

3. jbm1991

jbm1991 Thread Starter

thanks v.much i'll try that now :)

and one last question, what is the best format to have my video clips? so i get both video and sound?

thanks again

4. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

I dont think there is a best format, try using several different movie clip formats like .Avi and see which one you prefer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice