Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Actiontec GT 704 WG

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I have two Actiontec GT 704-WG wireless Gateway routers I am in need of instructions to piggy back the wireless signals for internet connectivity in another part of my house I will be attaching Ethernet to a directv receiver all I want it to do is receive the WAN for internet and LAN connect.
Can anyone give me a hand with tis my dsl support from my ISP said I can not do yhis but I fail to beleive this as I had it receiving activity but no internet connect

#4 ·
Sure, a wireless bridge. I happen to use a ZyXEL P330W in bridge mode here, many other routers offer the capability as well. One caveat, don't select a Belkin model for this task! Even though they claim wireless bridge capability, they apparently don't play well with other brands.

The reason that I mention other routers instead of a dedicated wireless bridge is they're usually cheaper.

#5 ·
Thanks John I will buy a wireless bridge for this task I beleive I thought about just going to Home depot and getting the stuff for a wired connection and just get it over with.
I just figured there was some back door way to make this thing work they are not exactly cheap after all but such as it is I will just hang on to it for a spare.
Thanks again
Carl York

#6 ·
Well, I approve of the HomeDepot wired solution, that's what I did here. :D I just use wireless for some laptops and one desktop in a place I didn't feel like running a wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.