1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ActionTec/PS2 help needed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Quizno, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Quizno

Quizno Thread Starter

Okay, gang. Happy to be on this board and enjoy reading the solves and commraderie. Hope you can help me as well.

I'm a newbie, plain and simple. We have an ActionTec router (R1524SU) and Qwest is our ISP. My son has a PS2 and we are trying to hook it up to the internet with his new Sony adaptor. The problem I'm running into is "opening ports." I called Sony and the woman told me I needed to open ports 10070-10080 TCP and 10070 UDP. I am going through the configurations, but am scared I'm not doing the right thing. Thus far, I am not getting a signal that the router is recognizing the PS2.

Please (as I drop to my knees), can someone walk me through this? It's probably simple but I am configuration dumb. I am just a caveman. This "internet" is a foreign world to me.

Thanks!!!
    Quizno - have the Angus sandwich, it's good!

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Seem to recall you need to access the router's configuration through the web. Then go to Advanced Setup / Port Forwarding. From there you would enter in the port(s). You should be able to enter a starting and ending port. Then the IP address of the device you want to forward them to. In you case it would the the Ps2's IP address.

3. Quizno

Quizno Thread Starter

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate it.

One question, does a PS2 have an IP address? If so, where would I find it? I've poured over the manuals that came with it, but to no avail.

An 11-year-old is gonna be pretty happy! I am too! :D

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I have no idea how to network a PS2.

5. Quizno

Quizno Thread Starter

Understood.

Anyone?

Beuler?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice