1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

activate bluetooth wireless headphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oldguylen, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldguylen

oldguylen Thread Starter

Recently I received a new set of wireless, bluetooth headphones as a Father's day gift. I have successfully paired the headphones to my smartphone and my laptop, Acer Aspire running Windows 8.1. I have no problems using the phones with the smartphone, but the laptop is my problem. The "Control Panel" under "Sound" shows the phones, but they are designated as "Disconnected". Nothing I do can activate the device, and no help from MS and their literature shows me nothing beyond what I've already done. Under "Devices and Printers", the phones are shown as recognized but still they don't work. I don't know if I just have not found the correct toggle to turn on the phones or if it's something else. I'd hate to return the headphones since they were a gift from the "kids", but if these cannot be useful, I have no choice. Please help!!!!

OGL

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Right click the Volume icon (in the Notification Area) - Playback devices. Are the headphones listed? If so, you can probably make them the default and, hopefully, that's all it will take.

3. oldguylen

oldguylen Thread Starter

Terrynet,
    Thanks for the reply, but, even though all your criteria was met, the headphones still don't work. I still believe the problem is that even though the headphones are listed, they are shown as "DISCONNECTED". That tells me that the laptop is seeing them as a wired unit, not plugged into a jack. I've tried everything I can find and still nothing let's me designate them as wireless. If that change could be made, I'll bet that will turn these up. Any thoughts?
    OGL

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1150490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice