Activating windows xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nothingface

I recently installed a new drive, and need to activate windows again. However, when I go to the wizard, it tells me that the # of registrations have been exceeded, and it doesn't let me. So i clicked on activate by phone, and it doesn't say any #s. It says "Toll free #: (blank)". So I can't get a phone #. Anyone know a site for the #s for activation? The #s are based on location. Thanks.

If you think you'll be activating Xtra Painful again after this time just copy the WPA.DBL file in the \windows\system32 folder to a floppy, install XP and copy that file back into the system32 folder :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online