1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

activation expired

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mkarouf, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mkarouf

mkarouf Thread Starter

i'm using sp2 and activation has expired...so now everytime i boot the pc i can't login to win unless i activate it ....i even can't access it in safe mode.....the problem is the product key i have i already in use and saved in their database.............any ideas/ways of going solving this problem without the need to reinstall.....

thanks
    moe

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Can you clarify "the product key i have i already in use "?
    Is this a pirate copy, or already installed on another PC?

3. Blitze105

Blitze105

U can access safe mode.. if not it is a real problem. :D
    Anyhow u can call MS and if it is legit they'll help u. May take a few years but u never know.
    -Blitze

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you have more than one machine running the same license key, you have an illegal copy of Windows, and you're pretty much out of luck. If that's not the case, contact Microsoft and do a phone activation.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You can use the same CD to install Windows XP in 2 computers, but you can't use the same 25-digit product code in both of them. You'll have to contact Microsoft and purchase a new one for the other computer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/376582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice