1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Activation Key?!!?1?!?!?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Marz, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marz

Marz Thread Starter

I bought my Windows XP Home Edition, installed it on an old machine, then I got a new machine and when I tried to use my CD key to activate it,it told me 'Its limit of usage had been exceeded.' Which is bullcrap, I payed 150 for that thing, i should be able to use as many times as I'd like......

My question is, am I doing something wrong, or is this just another one of MS's ways of getting you to give money to them?!?!

2. snappy_31

snappy_31

You nailed it. The sad part is that it is all about licencing .. 1 copy 1 key 1 machine .. 2nd machine requires another copy of OS and another key.
    Peter

3. Marz

Marz Thread Starter

4. Sid9678

Sid9678

you could just call Microsoft and buy a License and then you can use the same CD to install WIndows XP.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you are retiring your old machine, you can probably get a new activation for your copy. OTOH, if you're keeping your old machine, you need a new license.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice