Activation Required before Login, WinXP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diet2001

I had my Win XP Home Edition crash. Did a Recovery...went fine. Then I rebooted and the Windows would not allow me to log-in. It required that I Reactivate my Windows XP before it would allow me to login.
The problem of course is that I can NOT get the computer to access the Internet...without, first logging into Windows so that Windows recognizes my Network drivers.

I am at a loss as to how I can get this WindowsXP Activated without being allowed to login.

Normally, Windows will advise you that you must activate your Windows within 30 days of Signing on for the first time. This is not the case under my situation....it just will not allow me to login...so that my system establishes all of the drivers needed for the Internet Network card to work properly.

What can I do???
Dieter:eek::confused:

JennyJackson01

Account Closed
Hiya diet2001.

Click the `Activate Now` option and it`ll check for internet connection but not find it. It`ll show a string of characters and a phone number to ring to activate it offline.

Have the screen with the letters and numbers in front of you when you ring them as you`ll have to read them out to the guy/girl on the other end of the line and they`ll talk you through it.

Jenny

diet2001

I get nothing but my Blank Desktop...and that's where it sits.....and ....sits

Nothing pops up to allow me to do anything...
I have pretty much given up on this
Thanks anyway for your suggestion
Dieter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online