1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Activation XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jraquel, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jraquel

jraquel Thread Starter

Hello,

My computer crashed and I re-installed XP on it and now I get the message to activate in 30 days or else. When I click to activate I get the message it is already activated. What does this mean?
    I changed to date to 30 days ahead to see if the message would go away and now it just goes in lopes activate and already activated, even with the date changed back, it will not openanything but this activation screen.

2. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

Because you already activated it, microsoft basically wont allow you to activate it again. You have to call microsoft and tell them your situation. They will give you a code to fix it. I had to do the same thing for office xp....my comp got screwed up, so i reformatted....wouldnt let me activate...so i called ms, told them i reformatted and needed a new code, and they gave me one.

EDIT: the reason they do this is for software piracy issues...cant use the product if its already been used once.... one thing you should note though, because that screen auto pops up now all the time, you might have to reinstall xp again...ask ms about that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice