1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Active Directory Users

Discussion in 'Networking' started by -Oz-, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- Thread Starter

I had a DC on Windows 2000 server, which i upgraded to Windows 2003 Enterprise with upgrade option.

I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 2003 server and copy all my AD users with thier passwords from the old DC to this one. Is there any tool available for it??? How can it be done....please help.

I tried googling for it....but i couldnt find any satisfactory answer.

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- Thread Starter

I did try that tool, but the deal is i dont have a spare machine lying around to make another DC. What i wanted was a tool that would take backup or export users, passwords and any settings to a file of some sort, than i format and install a new DC on the same machine,...and import users into it. If that is possible...

4. Speakersrock

Speakersrock

I am unsure whether it would do it or not, but what about ntbackup?

Start > Run > ntbackup (hit enter) > Click backup tab > select system state > in the bottom left, select a destination (obviously this will have to be on a drive such as a memory stick which will not be wiped in the clean install) > Click start backup.

Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!