Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Domain

Solved 
857 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Jnorth1994 
#1 ·
I am new to active domain services but am trying to connect a workstation to a domain. The path I am using is as follows:
Right click on This Pc> Properties>Rename this pc advanced. On that dialog box I use "to rename this workgroup or join domain (change) >Domain(enter information) >Enter Username and Password> I get this error message.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Please note I am new with AD

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Try creating the computer object in AD, then join it. This message (though generic) happened to me when I didn't create the object and tried to join the computer first. Make sure the object is named EXACTLY as the hostname of the computer.

Make sure you have a domain user account with domain privileges so you are not using the local admin one.

#10 ·
#12 ·
I'm guessing here that you've got a Workstation Administrator account and you're trying to use the same credentials as the Domain Administrator account to join the PC to the domain. Instead of doing that, let's try something else instead.

Purely as an example: say your Fully-Qualified Domain Name for your Domain is mydomain.co.us. When you get to the point where you're prompted for credentials to add the workstation to the domain, enter the username as mydomain.co.us\administrator (this will be the Domain Administrator account), and then enter the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.