1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Active Perl & CGI Scripts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JamesCRocks, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesCRocks

JamesCRocks Thread Starter

Hi,

I've just installed Active Perl on my Windows 2000 web server hoping to run a specific CGI script but it doesn't work.

When I access the script (which is an anti-spam measure called wpoison) all I get is the script itself displaying as a text file however I have managed to run the script from a command prompt and get (on the screen at least) the bogus HTML file it is designed to generate.

I know virtually nothing about Perl so be a little, um, kind trying to explain this :)

2. JamesCRocks

JamesCRocks Thread Starter

I added the .cgi application mapping but that didn't work so I edited to mimic the .pl mapping and that did. Then I found the script didn't work perfectly so I ended up having to hack that too ... hmmm ... python seems easier at this point :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice