1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Active X controls on Explorer 5

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Sue Hunt, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sue Hunt

Sue Hunt Thread Starter

I am back and I am mad because I just posted a long post to you and it was lost! So, I will try to do it again you deserve to know what has been going on. First, no, I was not on Earthlink they were my old Internet Provider. So, now on with the news. What I feared might happen did! I lost whatever I needed to run my old Internet Explorer. Then I could not down load anything!
    Stay Tuned this is not the end of the story but I don't want to loose another long message here.
    Sue

2. Sue Hunt

Sue Hunt Thread Starter

The only thing I knew to do was to put in my application back up disk so I did. Then I downloaded Instant Messenger with no problem but still could not download any up dates for Internet Explorer, I thought, oh, well I'll just stay with Internet Explorer 4 but then I went to my endtime link which I listen to most every day and I could not get the real player that I needed without at least Explorer 5! :(

3. Sue Hunt

Sue Hunt Thread Starter

Late today I was able to get Internet Explorer 6! with Yahoo :)
    I came to this link to let you know but my computer no longer knew my pass word, as you can see I fixed that problem too.
    The only thing not working is my scanner and I will call Radio Shack and see if they can help. I did not get a disk with it and when I rebooted applications some of the soft ware was lost but it was all worth it. As you can see I do not give up even when I WANT TOO! I took two Excedrin P.M. last night and I don't usually do that! Oh, I forgot, when I first got back on with Explorer 4 my Outlook Express mail would not work but I went here and there, and clicked this and that and I did it all by myself! Oh, yes, and I also messed up my Cable hook up and Had to call for Help! He had me on the floor late last night with my flash light looking for model numbers and such but HERE I AM. And I want to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! :cool:

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

That's an incredible story! Thanks for coming back and telling it. Believe me, you deserve all the credit for getting this one done. Great work. Excedrine headache #1 gone.

Happy New Year
    Mo

5. Sue Hunt

Sue Hunt Thread Starter

Happy New Year to you too, MO
    Sue :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice