1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Active X & DirectX

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chrishart3, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrishart3

chrishart3 Thread Starter

My webcam produces very jerky time lagged video when using Skype. I read somewhere that the Active X or Direct X may need to be updated to Version 9 to improve matters. (What is the difference between the two?) :confused: A conversation with video on is as good as impossible at present. I believe this has something to do with bandwidth. Would updated Active X or Direct X solve the problem? How could I obtain the most up to date Active X or Direct X and install whichever is required?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

DirectX is what is related to cams and video. It wouldn't help bandwaidth in any way--you'd just need a faster internet connection.

But updating may help resolve some problems. If you use the web installer here, it will download and install only those parts that you are missing.

3. chrishart3

chrishart3 Thread Starter

Many thanks. I've downloaded and installed the WGA Plugin.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Good. Now get DirectX.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice